Take your boo on a hot date then cool off with a refreshing dip in your resort-style pool!
These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of RentTally.com or any of our advertising partners.
Tallahassee is not only a state capital and a huge college town but also a growing technology hub and ecological tourist destination. There's so much to do and see near your TCC apartment that you'll never get bored – especially if you've got a partner who likes to have a good time.
Here are some exciting and romantic date ideas around Tallahassee that will definitely put you in the mood while not costing a fortune.
- Tally Segway Tours – Yep, it might be a little dorky but it's also fun and hilarious. Zip around the Capitol buildings and Downtown while learning a little bit about the history of this unique and historical area.
- Railroad Square– One of Tally's most artsy districts, check out their monthly First Friday festival with galleries, shops, live music, and food. Railroad also boasts a pinball arcade, a gaming shop, a cult cinema, and the Crumbox Gastgarden.
- Proof Brewing Co – Take a moment after all that excitement to chill on a relaxing patio and drink some local beers. Try CBD-infused seltzer, the Blue Floridian Tiki Pastry Sour, or share a giant pretzel with beer cheese dip.
- Challenger IMAX Theater and Planetarium – Ohhhh yes, and they play Pink Floyd shows on Thursday through Saturday nights. Snuggle with your sweetie in the chilly darkness and enjoy the music and light show.
- Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park – A little off the beaten path in Northeast Tally, this delightfully intimate park offers secluded strolls among fresh tropical flowers, a secret garden, and a reflection pool. It's a popular location for outdoor weddings in our area, so keep that in mind.
- Bradley's Country Store – This awesome slice of old Florida is weird and wonderful, and they're famous for making their own sausage. Pick up a gift box of country grits, smoked sausage, jalapeno honey mustard, homemade cheese, and more.
- Backwoods Crossing – Don't let the name fool you. This garden-to-table restaurant owned and operated by North Florida natives offers up delectable fare like truffle bruschetta, po'boys, crab cakes, and peanut butter swirl cheesecake.
- Savour – One of Tallahassee's loveliest restaurants, bring your beloved here to chow down on charcuterie, filet mignon, and miso-glazed redfish, paired with champagne or something else off the extensive wine list.
- Il Lusso – More than just an Italian restaurant, this bistro serves up decadent desserts, luxe appetizers, and a mind-blowing Beef Wellington so incredibly complex and sophisticated you must order it two days in advance.
- Liberty Bar – This is the place to grab a classy nightcap with your date, especially if you like craft cocktails and a vast selection of brews and spirits from around the world.
- Sugar Rush Milkshake Bar – These will indeed bring people to your yard, especially if they like gigantic, epic milkshakes with names like the Cereal Killer, the Cheesecake and Chill, and other far-out desserts like fried chicken ice cream and Oreo Brownie Lava.
This is just a small taste of all the original date ideas near your TCC apartment. Events are constantly being added, so keep checking Rent Tally to stay on top of upcoming events, parties, and things to do!