Between living expenses and tuition, it can be difficult to save money for the future. If your goal is to cut down on costs, an apartment near FSU under $500 may be exactly what you're looking for. There are a wide-variety of options to choose from within this budget, whether you're looking for spacious layouts, luxury amenities or an apartment within walking distance to campus.
Student Focused Apartments Near FSU Under $500
Geared to accommodate the busy student lifestyle, many apartments near Florida State University offer a variety of amenities and features to make life easier and more enjoyable. Here are a few tips on ways you can save money in apartments near FSU under $500/month.
5 Ways to Save Money in Your New Apartment Near FSU
- Channel your inner bargain hunter. As you're shopping for new furniture and décor, look for ways to save and express your unique sense of style. Check consignment shops, thrift stores, and local reselling sites like Craigslist, Letgo and Facebook Marketplace. Be sure your creative juices are flowing before headed to the store, as you may find items that you can repurpose or update for a fraction of the cost. If you're not super creative or don't have time to hunt for these items, a fully-furnished apartment may be right up your alley.
- One way to limit expenses and meet new people is to share your living space with a few friends or peers. Two of the most popular apartment amenities amongst students include individual leases, with which you're only responsible for your portion of the apartment, and roommate matching services. Prior to move-in you'll complete a questionnaire identifying your lifestyle, habits and schedule. Use this as an opportunity to make your preferences clear so that you and your future roommates agree on things like cleaning, pets, and smoking vs. non-smoking.
- Apartments near FSU under $500/month often offer all-inclusive options that bundle your utilities and rent into one convenient monthly payment. This will not only make paying bills more efficient, but it will also save you the added cost of utility set-up fees. No matter how much water, electric, cable and internet you use in a given month, your bill will always remain the same. So, enjoy your long showers, cool air conditioning and high-speed internet!
- If you don't ask, you'll never know! As you're looking for your best apartment, be sure to ask about any available specials or discounts for students, preferred employers or those in the military. Some communities also offer move-in specials, incentives for referrals and markdowns on pet rent for adopted animals.
- Amenities like an on-site fitness center, car wash, or in-unit washer and dryer are sure to save you a few extra dollars as well. A monthly gym membership fee can add up quickly, and weekly trips to the laundromat can be expensive and time consuming. With amenities like these in your community, you can ditch extra monthly costs and take care of business without even leaving home.
- Look for special apartment deals that may lower the average monthly rate to under $500 per month. Apartments near FSU often promote discounts and specials during the summer month and may offer perks like gift cards or one month free. When an apartment is offering a hefty discount, you may be able to afford an apartment that is slightly over $500/month once you prorate the discount offered over the duration of your lease.