With hundreds of Tallahassee student apartments, doing your research is key to finding the perfect floor plan that fits your lifestyle and monthly budget. As a college student, you have plenty to worry about - class, extracurricular activities, meeting new friends, experiencing new things, and acing exams should be at the top of the list. Check the box early and reserve your apartment for next Fall so you can focus on what matters - picking up decor for your new student apartment and getting to know your future roommates!
What to Look for in Student Apartments in Tallahassee
With big schools like Florida State University, Florida Agricultural and Medical University, and Tallahassee Community College close by, there are tons of great student housing options in Tallahassee, all you need to do is choose the one that best meets your needs. As you're searching for your new home, be sure to consider the things that will make your life easier and more enjoyable. Here are a few must-have features to help you live your best life at student apartments in Tallahassee:
- Our team highly recommends looking for apartments with individual leases. With an individual lease, you'll sign a student apartment lease where you are only responsible for your portion of the rent. The apartment office will split the rent and utilities each month and charge each roommate separately. This ensures that you'll only ever be responsible for your portion of the rent and if one of the other students living in your apartment misses a payment it will not effect you or your guarantor.
- Apartments with roommate matching will provide you with a survey to answer about your sleep, study, hygiene, and social habits and match you with roommates with a similar outlook. Our best tip is to always answer these questions as honestly as possible, don't be afraid to admit if you're a bit of a night owl or party animal!
- All inclusive student apartments bundle perks like furniture, high-speed internet, cable, and sometimes utilities and water into the monthly rental rate. Mom and Dad will love it because this means you'll only have to worry about paying one bill each month.
- No doubt, your college student apartment will be temporary, so why purchase a bunch of furniture to fill the space? Search for fully furnished apartmentsso that you can move in without worrying about purchasing a new bedroom set. When you move on to your post-student apartment, you'll be happy that you're not stuck with trying to move your old college furniture out.
- Be sure to shop for student friendly amenities like computer labs with free printing, study rooms, and truly resort-style pools where you can catch up with studying or hang out with friends on the weekend. Many student apartments in Tallahassee also offer resident events with a monthly calendar filled with opportunities to meet your neighbors and get to know your roommates.
- One of our top-choice features for successful student apartment living is a private bathroom attached to your bedroom. Sharing a 3 or 4 bedroom apartment with roommates is tough enough, so seek out a floor plan that offers the luxury of a private bathroom so you have your own space to get ready for class.
- Apartments on the Seminole Express are the ultimate convenience for Florida State University students. This shuttle is a free service that picks up at student apartments in Tallahassee and drops you off at stops around campus.
The Tallahassee Student Lifestyle
Living in an off-campus student apartment doesn't mean that you have to miss out on the traditional college experience. Student apartments in Tallahassee offer their residents several opportunities to have fun and meet new people. Designed to appeal to a diverse audience, there are bound to be some events that you just can't resist. Fill up your social calendar with pool parties, potlucks, karaoke contests and movie screenings. Use these activities as a way to relax and get to know your neighbors – plus there's usually some type of free food involved!
Need a night out? Take advantage of nearby restaurants, bars and boutique shops. Near your Tallahassee student apartment you'll find yummy food spots like Tally Thai for sushi and Gordo's for Cuban cuisine. To watch the game and cheer on the Noles, head on over to Ken's Tavern or Bullwinkle's Saloon. For a day in, invite friends and family over for some poolside fun in the sun, or have leg day in the fitness center with your workout buddy. If you're tired of your human friends, spend a day with your dog at the park. Many FSU apartments are pet-friendly, so your furry pal will feel right at home. In an apartment the opportunities are truly endless!