Best FSU Off-Campus Housing
When it comes to student living in Tallahassee, there's simply nothing like off-campus housing. Whether you're moving out on your own for the first time or you're making the transition from a dorm to an apartment, you're sure to enjoy the benefits of living in the best off-campus apartments near Florida State University. The best apartments near FSU are geared to meet the needs of the busy student, offering amenities, features and activities to make life easier and more enjoyable. However, the ‘best' FSU off-campus housing in Tallahassee is completely up to you, as it's based upon your individual needs, interests, habits and lifestyle.
Perks of Living in the Best Off-Campus FSU Apartments
- Arguably the most enticing benefit of living in an off-campus apartment near FSU is the ability to customize your living experience. You can say goodbye to communal bathrooms, expensive meal plans and bunk mates, and say hello to private bathrooms, spacious bedrooms and resort-style amenities.
- When choosing your best FSU off-campus housing, consider budget and apartment size to find your best fit. Prefer to live alone? No problem, there are a variety of affordable studio and 1-bedroom apartments just minutes from campus. Looking to share the college experience with a few friends? In that case, a 3- or 4-bedroom apartment may be better suited to your needs.
- Can't imagine moving away to school without your best pal, Daisy? In a pet-friendly apartment, there's no need to leave man's best friend behind! Some communities near FSU even offer dog parks, pet washing stations and walking trails.
- In a student-friendly apartment there are a wide-variety of quiet places for you to focus on your studies, including your private patio or balcony, the community's business center or under a cabana in a lounge chair by the pool.
- Apartment living is just like staying at a resort. You can keep fit at the state-of-the-art fitness center, sweat it out at the sauna, relax by the fireplace, shoot some hoops at the basketball court or play a round of pool in the game room. The possibilities are endless.
- You're free to express your unique sense of style with colorful art, eclectic furniture or destination-themed rooms. With a few personal touches you'll feel right at home in your new FSU off-campus apartment.
- Many communities offer their residents several opportunities to have fun and meet new people. Fill up your social calendar with food giveaways, volleyball matches and poolside BBQ's. Use these activities to relax after a long day at school or to get to know your neighbors better.
- Getting to and from campus is a breeze with Florida State University's Seminole Express bus stop just steps from your front door. Flash the driver your student ID and you're all set!
Living with Roommates in the Best Off-Campus Student Apartments
Sharing your space with a few roommates can be an excellent way to split costs, as well as tedious chores like grocery shopping and cleaning. Several of the best FSU off-campus housing communities offer roommate matching services to connect individuals with similar interests, personalities and habits. With an individual lease each resident is only held responsible for their portion of the apartment, protecting you from any potential liability. These options make living with roommates easy and stress-free, so that you can focus on enjoying the college experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find roommates to share an off-campus FSU apartment?
If you already have a group of friends that want to live together, be sure to tell the community right away. They'll work with your group to get your lease(s) set up for the same apartment. If you don't have roommates in mind there is no need to worry. There are a variety of student apartment communities that offer roommate matching. The leasing team will give you a questionnaire to fill out and match you with a roommate with a similar lifestyle and interests.
Does my off-campus FSU apartment come furnished?
There are a lot of FSU student apartments near campus that offer fully furnished options. In the bedroom, you can expect to find a nightstand, dresser, bed, and desk with chair. Most common areas include a small dining table and chairs or bar stools at the breakfast bar and a couch, coffee table, and end table. Some apartments even include TVs. Be sure to ask the leasing team about their furniture package as each community can vary slightly.
Are utilities included in the monthly rent of my off-campus apartment?
It depends! Some apartments near FSU will bundle all or just a portion of your utilities like electricity, water, sewer, and trash collection in your monthly rent. There are even some all-inclusive apartments that include high-speed internet and cable. It's a good idea to call the leasing team to ask what is included in your monthly rent so you can budget accordingly.