Find 1-Bedroom Apartments Near FSU
Living alone in a 1 bedroom apartment near Florida State University is the epitome of freedom. You have complete control over every facet of your living experience, as there's no need to modify your lifestyle or preferences to accommodate the needs of others. Simply put, whatever you want goes! Want to dance around the apartment like Tom Cruise in Risky Business? Go for it, no one's stopping you. Feel like baking a box of brownies at 2 am? No worries, you won't disturb anyone. The best part of living in a one-bedroom apartment near FSU is that you can customize your new home by budget, layout, location, amenities and more to fit your specific needs.
Perks of 1-Bedroom FSU Apartments
- One-bedroom apartments near Florida State University are highly sought after, but luckily there is no shortage of different layouts to choose from. Most floorplans include a bedroom, kitchen, living room and bathroom, however, each layout is uniquely designed with different size rooms, storage options and add-ons like a private patio or balcony.
- In a cozy one-bedroom apartment, the price of utilities are typically quite reasonable. This of course may vary if you leave the lights on 24/7 or keep the air conditioner set at a temperature so low you can practically see your own breath. If you have a tendency to overindulge in these areas, consider an all-inclusive apartment where utilities are included in your rent at one consistent monthly price.
- No roommate? No problem! Living in a one-bedroom apartment near FSU means you can enjoy the entire space however you like. There's no remote sharing, no cleaning up other people's messes, and you can decorate any way you like.
- Your apartment is now the perfect study haven. There are no noises or unwanted distractions to pull your focus. So, grab a few snacks, put on some upbeat, study-friendly music and hit the books!
- Living in a single apartment doesn't mean you have to live alone! Many Tallahassee communities near FSU offer spacious one-bedroom layouts that have plenty of room for both you and your significant other or at a pet-friendly apartment, your furry, four-legged best friend.
- You don't have to rely on anyone else to pay their portion of the rent – which is a beautiful thing in and of itself!
Trade-offs in a 1-Bedroom FSU Apartment
- Solo living also means solo bill paying. You'll be responsible for all of the rent, which will more than likely be higher than if you were to share a multi-room apartment with a few friends or peers. This also applies to utilities, groceries, cleaning supplies and anything else you may normally split when living with others.
- If you're a social butterfly who prefers the company of others, you may miss out on the comfort of having roomies nearby. Living alone is always an adjustment, but no more so than living with others.
- Some one-bedroom apartments near Florida State University are quite spacious while others are a little smaller. Always ask about square footage and apartment layout before determining which apartment will best fit for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find cheap 1 bedroom apartments near FSU?
The earlier you start your apartment search, the more luck you'll have finding a good deal near campus. It's a good idea to start your research by Thanksgiving break so you know what communities and floor plans are your top picks and the average prices. Student communities typically begin leasing for Fall by January, and you'll likely see the rates continue to increase the closer you get to August. If you opt for a conventional community, you can expect to sign a lease 30-60 days before your move-in date. Either way, it's a good idea to start your apartment hunt early!
What appliances are included in a 1 bedroom apartment near FSU?
Apartments near FSU will likely include an appliance package with a refrigerator and oven with range. Some apartments include a more robust package that also includes a dishwasher and/or microwave. Washers and dryers may also be included in your monthly rent. Since every community and floor plan has varying options, it's a good idea to add this to your list of key questions to ask the leasing office when calling or visiting.
How many people can live in a 1 bedroom apartment near FSU?
Most apartments will allow up to two people to share a 1 bedroom apartment. One bedroom apartments can be a little tight for more than one person, so be sure to take the square footage and layout into consideration before deciding on an apartment if you plan to share a 1 bedroom with someone else.