The vibrant neighborhood of Parkway in the southeastern part of Tallahassee abounds with shopping and dining options. If you love to shop ‘til you drop, this is the community for you! From college life essentials to high-ticket luxury items, Parkway is Tally's comprehensive shopping destination.
Shopping in Parkway
Governor's Square Mall
Centrally located on Apalachee Parkway, this shopper's paradise boasts a wide selection of options for men's and women's fashion, accessories, home décor, or a special gift for a certain someone.
- Featuring an H&M, Torrid, Sephora, and much more, Governor's Square is the largest shopping center in Tallahassee with over one hundred stores for your perusal.
- The traditional food court also has some unique treats, like the Cajun Café & Grill for a little taste of NOLA, and Charleys Philly Steaks, a guilty pleasure from way up north.
- On the weekdays, the mall is a popular location to get those steps in if the weather is not cooperating with your outdoor fitness regime.
Park & Apalachee
Nestled between these two thoroughfares and conveniently close to the mall are several other shopping meccas you shouldn't miss!
- Gulf Wind Shopping Center – Anchored by Best Buy, this handy little shopping area also has a nutrition shop, Chipotle, and a tasty health food café called Chicken Salad Chick.
- Michaels – Just around the bend across from a modern Winn Dixie (with a liquor store), Michaels has amazing deals on art supplies, DIY projects, and seasonal home décor. Their Halloween and Christmas items are especially festive & will be a big smash at your holiday party.
- Governor's Marketplace – This easy-to-navigate shopping area features Ulta Beauty, THE place to go for affordable pricing on high-end skin care, makeup, and hair products. There's also a Marshalls and an Old Navy – the perfect places to pick up a few more elements for your summer wardrobe.
- Kirkland's – An economical yet stylish décor store, Kirkland's has everything you need to make your Tallahassee apartment feel like home. Shop candles, kitchen necessities, new comforters, and cute garden gnomes all in one spot.
- Petco – If you've got a beloved animal companion, then Petco will have everything you need to care for your critter, from high quality chow to toys and beds. This location also has a full-service pet grooming salon and offers regular obedience training classes.
- Kohl's – A popular national big box store that carries name brand clothing, shoes, bedding, house wares, and more. Don't forget your Kohl's Cash!
Dining in Parkway
BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Right on Apalachee Parkway, BJ's offers daily specials and deals on their already affordable family steak house menu. You can also buy a selection of BJ's own microbrew offerings to go, like the Hopstorm IPA, Pumpkin Ale, Harvest Hefeweizen, or the Piranha Pale Ale.
Travel a few blocks further down Apalachee to find this tiny, hidden family diner that is definitely worth a visit. Cheap and plentiful, delicious, yet sadly full of calories, the generous breakfast specials at Pappas will keep you going all day long.
Uncle Maddio's Pizza
If you're craving carbs, this is your place. Indulge in classic pizzeria morsels like fiery wings, enormous calzones, and giant salads, or go on an adventure with one of their Chef Created pies, like the Mushroom Truffle, Alfredo Artichoke, or saucy Buffalo Chicken.
El Patron Mexican Grill & Cantina
Sometimes you just need to chill and relax with some excellent Mexican food and a couple of margaritas. El Patron uses only the freshest local ingredients to prepare their authentic yet affordable cuisine. Treat yourself to a fishbowl-sized cocktail and a gigantic Burrito California.
This upscale bistro is ideal for an intimate date night or celebration. The innovative menu features tapas like fried oysters and seafood vol-au-vent and a selection of decadent surf and turf entrees. Lucilla also does an exclusive Sunday brunch at select times during the year.
Fresh seafood is one of the best parts of living in Tally, and the Crafty Crab has it all. Scarf down a spicy crab boil, raw oysters, fried everything, or steamed scallops dripping with butter and garlic.These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of RentTally.com or any of our advertising partners.