These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of RentTally.com or any of our advertising partners.
Does your upcoming move have you overwhelmed and stressed out? Relocating from one place to another can be intimidating, but it doesn't have to be. Make moving into your new apartment near FSU as relaxing as possible with help from the experts at Two Men and a Truck Tallahassee. Hiring experienced, qualified movers will allow you to focus your energies on important moving to-dos like address changes and setting up utilities while they handle the heavy lifting. The first step to a stress-free move is to find the right moving company, one that you can trust to efficiently and effectively pack and transport your valuable items.
Tips for Choosing a Quality Mover in Tallahassee
- Under normal circumstances you wouldn't trust your personal items with just anyone would you? Moving should be no different. Choose a moving company that performs background checks on their employees, so you can have peace of mind knowing the employees handling your personal items have been properly vetted. For added confidence, when packing your boxes avoid labeling boxes packed with high-dollar items or personal documents as such. For example, when you pack your jewelry box just label the box "master bedroom," rather than "jewelry."
- Sometimes smart, safe packing and bubble wrap just don't do the trick. Damage is not always preventable, so it's important that you select a moving company that is both licensed and insured. Better safe than sorry after all. Be sure to ask about the specifics of their policy to prevent any discrepancies down the road.
- Don't overestimate the power of experience. Packing and loading efficiently requires a great deal of practice, and that's a skill you want your helpers to have. Don't be afraid to ask questions, check out reviews or request recommendations from previous clients. Any good moving company will be happy to walk you through the process and address any possible concerns you may have.
- As you're researching potential moving companies to help on your big day, be sure to alert them to any possible difficulties they may experience during the move. Do you have a solid wood bedroom set that's especially heavy? Or do you live in an upstairs apartment with no elevator? By addressing these obstacles upfront, you can be sure they are equipped to handle your needs. This would also be the best time to ask about any additional fees for such circumstances, so you're not hit with a surprise bill later.
- Depending on your needs, you may require multiple moving services such as packing, loading and unloading, transportation, and furniture set-up. Select a company that can handle your move from start to finish – this way if you realize later that you need additional help you won't be left high and dry.
- An obvious but often overlooked part of moving is the supplies: boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, labels and so on. You can easily avoid the hassle of searching for these materials by selecting a moving company that offers these items at a reasonable price.