Canyon Park's open-concept living areas are the perfect spot to showcase your favorite decor.
These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of RentTally.com or any of our advertising partners.
Does your upcoming move have you overwhelmed and stressed out? Relocating from one place to another can be intimidating, but it doesn't have to be. Make moving into your new apartment near FSU as relaxing as possible with help from our local partners the experts at Two Men and a Truck Tallahassee. Hiring experienced, qualified movers will allow you to focus your energies on important moving to-dos like address changes and setting up utilities while they handle the heavy lifting. The first step to a stress-free move is to find the right moving company, one that you can trust to efficiently and effectively pack and transport your valuable items.
Tips for Choosing a Quality Mover in Tallahassee
- Have a plan. Before making the call, take time to write down a detailed inventory of belongings you'll need moved as well as your current and new addresses.
- Do your research. Under normal circumstances you wouldn't trust your personal items with just anyone would you? Moving should be no different. Instead, we would recommend researching companies that background check and drug test their employees and companies that do not hire day-labor.
- Make sure the company you hire has the proper licensing. The moving industry is highly regulated; companies should have the correct moving authority to transport household goods locally, intrastate (moving within the State of Florida), and interstate (crossing state lines).
- In addition to maintaining an active USDOT number, we recommend checking out the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) website for more information on proper licensing needed to operate in the state of Florida. Companies that adhere to the strict rules and regulations set by the USDOT are far safer than those who do not.
- As you're researching potential moving companies to help on your big day, be sure to alert them to any possible difficulties they may experience during the move.Do you have a solid wood bedroom set that's especially heavy? Or do you live in an upstairs apartment with no elevator? By addressing these obstacles upfront, you can be sure they are equipped to handle your needs. This would also be the best time to ask about any additional fees for such circumstances, so you can budget properly.
- Depending on your needs, you may require multiple moving services such as packing, loading and unloading, transportation, and furniture set-up. Select a company that can handle your move from start to finish.
- Ask about additional Valuation. Two Men and a Truck's insurance policy only covers their trucks, their employees, and their equipment. This policy does not cover your belongings should damage occur. However, they provide customers the option to purchase additional Valuation which serves as protection on your items while being moved.
- Don't overestimate the power of experience. Packing and loading efficiently requires a great deal of practice, and that's a skill you want your helpers to have. Don't be afraid to ask questions, check out reviews or request recommendations from previous clients.Any good moving company will be happy to walk you through the process and address any possible concerns you may have.
- Keep in mind, while people may require different services depending on their situations, there are slight limitations to what services Two Men and a Truck can provide. Specifically, they provide: full and partial packing services, local or long distance moving, unload services only of rental trucks or containers, internal moves, piano moving, and residential and business relocations. Due to the liability of doing so, Two Men and a Truck, and many other companies, are unable to load rental trucks, containers, or vehicles that are not their own.
- Get supplies. In addition to the basics boxes and tape, experts at Two Men and a Truck recommend packing paper as an industry standard for packing materials.
- A final tip! There are a few items your moving company cannot move such as the items on the list below. You will need to plan ahead and make arrangements to transport these items yourself.
- Firearms and ammunition
- Chemicals such as household cleaners
- Live Plants
- Food or Alcohol