Live life to the fullest in gorgeous Tallahassee! Here's a handy list of the best restaurants and places to hang out near your Tally apartment.
These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of RentTally.com or any of our advertising partners.
Tallahassee's diverse communities offer a plethora of delightful dining options. Whether you're looking for a place with great wings and cold beer or a classy place to take Mom and Dad, this town has plenty of that and everything in between.
Check out this handy list of some of the best eateries and cool places to hang out near your Tallahassee apartment!
- Madison Social – Just a few steps from Doak Campbell stadium, this sociable gastropub features Tuesday night trivia, weekly events, and sick specials. Chill on the patio while you enjoy giant sandwiches, vast salads, and expertly mixed drinks.
- Tin Lizzy's Cantina – Take some tacos to the face then wash them down with delectable fresh margaritas. Affordable and tasty, this relaxed Mexican place serves up a huge variety of fun food and drinks.
- Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille – This New Orleans-inspired restaurant is perfect for a nice dinner with visiting family. Indulge in the French-baked scallops, Boudin balls, crawfish etouffee, or the decadent crab-crusted redfish Royale.
- Bird's Aphrodisiac Oyster Shack – An absolutely no-frills, uber-Florida joint, you can kick back with a dozen oysters, gigantic grouper sandwiches, and a pitcher of beer. If you're feeling brave, order a shot of Jager and do some karaoke!
Good grub in South Tally and Midtown
- Railroad Square Craft House – A lovely place to relax with friends on the patio and soak up the atmosphere of the Railroad Square Art Park. Open for lunch, dinner, and brunch, check out the spicy Bawk Bawk Dip, Jamaican jerk wings, an enormous burger, or a fried PB&J sando.
- The Crum Box Gastgarden – Weird name but the food is to die for, and their outdoor area is perfect for a fun afternoon break. Homemade sausages and veggie burgers perfectly complement the eclectic beer selection.
- Midtown Caboose – Quirky and vaguely railroad-themed, this unassuming eatery has a menu with something awesome for everyone. Heavenly hummus, succulent crab Rangoon, incredibly creative burgers, and delectably crispy tots await you here.
- Chuck's Fish Tallahassee – Named for a legendary civil rights attorney, Chuck's has literally the freshest seafood in Tally. Luxuriate with the surf and turf, enjoy hand-rolled sushi, or treat yourself to a Cucumber Collins gin cocktail.
- The Edison – Located in Cascades Park, this chic industrial café boasts adventurous delights like lobster guacamole, sweet tea-brined pork loin, Burgundy-braised beef short ribs, and eye-opening frozen cocktails.
The delights of East Tallahassee
- Lucilla – Not far from Governor's Square, Lucilla is a fab place for a classy ladies' dinner or a sweet romantic date. Start with the seafood vol-au-vent, share the wild mushroom & eggplant fra Diavolo cavatappi, and toast the occasion with Garnacha Rosé champagne.
- BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse – Casual and family-friendly, this pub offers a huge menu of comfort food favorites as well as family dinner boxes and cocktails to go – perfect for tailgating. Dive into nachos, ribs, saucy boneless wings, flatbread, and lots of beer options.
- Georgio's Fine Food and Spirits – This old-school bistro is where you want to go to treat yourself to a whole fine dining experience. Cover your table with bacon wrapped shrimp, spanakopita, Greek-style grouper, or their mouthwatering eggplant Parmesan.
Where to be merry on the Northside
- Clusters & Hops – Small but lovely, this wine bar with a ridiculous selection is sure to impress your date. Charcuterie, escargot, Wagyu sliders, King salmon and house-smoked trout mousse, foie gras, duck breast with truffled pumpkin squash – you get the idea.
- Food Glorious Food – This is another great place to take visiting friends and family. Don't miss the gnocchi with blue cheese cream sauce and bacon, crispy fried oysters, caramelized salmon, or a Garnet Moon cocktail with fresh blackberries, thyme, and Tito's vodka.
- Bella Bella – If you're craving Italian, this is where to go. Hope you're not counting calories because you should order the Bubble Bread with melted gorgonzola and mozzarella, Sicilian lasagna, and the delicious spinach and roasted garlic ravioli.
This is only a partial list of the best places in Tally to eat, drink, and relax with your loved ones. Keep checking RentTally for more top tips on hot things to do near your Tallahassee apartment!