These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of RentTally.com or any of our advertising partners.
If you're not a local, you probably have beloved friends and family who would love to come visit your TCC apartment.
But it can be difficult to find affordable activities that everyone will enjoy. Thankfully, Tallahassee is bursting with delightful north Florida outdoor fun, as well as a plethora of arts, history, and culture.
Here are some fun places to take your visiting crew that won't cost a fortune.
Local Cultural Icons
- LeMoyne Arts – Located off Tennessee Street in a gorgeous historic building, the LeMoyne was founded decades by four visionary local women. Featuring stunning exhibits, arts education, a museum shop, and a ceramics studio, you can easily spend an afternoon here.
- Railroad Square – Consisting of dozens of shops, galleries, and places to hang out, this artsy district close to campus is a fab way to show off the vibrant Tally community. There's a street fest on the first Friday of every month, and you can chow down at some of the area's most original eateries.
- TCC Fine Art Gallery – Fresh and modern, this isn't your ordinary stuffy museum. This gallery has provocative exhibits throughout the year by both students and professional artists and is a lovely place to relax and stroll through beautiful works of art.
- All Saints Culture Club – This innovative multi-use space in Southwest Tally hosts performances and events as well as art shows and dance parties. They also have classes in a variety of disciplines, and event space to rent if you're looking for a unique venue.
Historical and Outdoor Fun
- Museum of Florida History – Florida's school kids have a unit on this, but if you're from out of state you may be unfamiliar with the wild history of this infamous state. The property is also home to the Knott House, built in 1843 and features beautiful historic furnishings.
- Mission San Luis – This area was originally inhabited by the Apalachee tribe, an advanced and powerful matriarchal people, until the arrival of Spanish forces in the sixteenth century. Now you can enjoy the exhibits, historical reenactors, and the beautiful grounds.
- Tallahassee Museum – A fun and highly unusual experience, you can explore the 52 acres of lush natural landscape, ride a zip line, check out the animals, shop, and enjoy a snack at the onsite café.
- Cascades Park – Centrally located near Midtown, the Cascades offers plenty to do. Take a swim, bike the trails, picnic, check out the skate park, or take in a live performance at the stunning open-air amphitheater.
- Fun Station – Have some old-school excitement for the whole family here. Fun Station offers a vast arcade, go-carts, laser tag, and mini-golf, and a pizzeria so you can stuff your face with wings and ‘za.
- Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park – This park stands out with its exquisite lakeside gardens and floral architecture. Hike the lovely trails, kayak, or canoe in the lake, or wander the immense gardens, with flowers dating back to 1923.
This is just a taste of all Tally has to offer near your Tallahassee Community College apartment, so like and be sure to follow RentTally for updates on all the cool happenings and activities in your area!